first night in the big coop

top of the hill

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Connecticut
Well, the chicks are officially 4 weeks old. Moved them out to what my DH calls the "coop in a coop". Temps are cooling to around 50 at night so heat lamp is on. My poor older gals (6 months) are ticked at me. I felt the stink eye on me when I just went to check on them. Looks like the red light district out there! Lol! I think tommorow I'll hang a curtain so its not as bright... my girls need there beauty sleep afterall!

Oh, and to make it even more interesting, the timer is set to turn the lights on at 5am!

Hope they don't attack me in the morning! lol!
smile.png

lol, thanks. everyone was fine, girls were actually off the roost when i opened the door at 7am! infact my new layer who was laying off the roost actually went to the nesting box! I'll post some pics of the set up.

unfortunetly, we woke up at 2am to a screaming animal last night. My DH went outside to check the chickens and saw 2 huge racoons attacking some animal, thankfully not my gals. so, the trap has been set...

Mine are going out (probably) tonight! Haha, I don't know why but I worry allll night! lol And the only predator we have are hawks and I haven't seen one for about 8 months! And he/she wasn't too interested in my girls!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom