1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First night in the big girl coop

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Dirtyhip, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    [​IMG]

They made it through the night. I have the heat bumb running still, and the coop is insulated well.

I built them a small playland to climb on. Basically, a sunflower stump and a nice branch. One was perched up on the high branch this morning. They seem so happy in the coop. They have 32 sq. ft for 4 chickens. They are about a month old at the moment.

Our fence needs more work, or more chicken growth. They can run right through then fence. HAHA They need to eat much more.

2. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    congrats on the move!! i am in the process now. how old are they???

3. Dirtyhip

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    They are about a month old I believe. Still very young girls. They are half feathered out I think. The coop stayed really warm, and everyone seemed very content this morning.

4. MEchickenfarmer33

MEchickenfarmer33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Maine
    thats how old mine are. my dads actually finishing the coop off right now

5. Dirtyhip

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    The paint may have to wait a few weeks. We didn't have time to paint everything. I ran out of time, and had to move them.

Our weather is changing fast. Shame on me for not paying better attention to the amount that needed to be done.

6. Gvnam

Gvnam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    o_O I didn't move mine into the coop until about 2 months... Now I know when my chicks can be moved in!

Helpful topic

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by