First night in the coop and I'm a nervous wreck.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by RitzHomestead, Mar 14, 2015.

1. RitzHomestead

RitzHomestead Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2015
    Marble Hill, GA
    I feel like my children are sleeping outside all by themselves. Lol I put the light in the coop just for their first couple nights to make the transition a little easier. I've already gone out and checked on them twice, my wife says if I go out and check again then I'll be sleeping in the coop for the night.....lol here is some pictures. Still have to finish the run tomorrow. But the coop is nice and secure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BonRae67

BonRae67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2014
    Florida
    We were like that the first couple of nights. We went and checked on the probably 10 times before we went to bed and I get up early and went right out to check on them. The coop looks great. Hope you get some sleep tonight. Post in the morning so we all know everything went ok.

3. sheetmetaltom

sheetmetaltom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    lol I know the feeling. don't worry they will be fine outside. I was given 4 hens yesterday by a friend who is "thinning the herd" as he says. went out twice to check on them, think that my other girls seemed a bit annoyed I was keeping them awake. tonight I only checked once, but I know I ll be out 1st thing in the morning.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by