First Night in the Coop! I'm so...everything!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ajay, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ajay

ajay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    After a day roaming around the backyard, I was getting ready to put the chicks back in their brooder, when I noticed how flithy it was. Rather than move them back in, I put them in our coop (a place they have hung out in off and on over the past week and a half during the day.) So, now they are out there! Eeek! I'm excited, nervous, happy, sad...you name it. Here are a few pics. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love the way my two chickens are looking at each other like "really? does she really expect us to sleep here?" [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LostMindPleaseFind

LostMindPleaseFind Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    Little Rock, AR
    Cute, Cute, Cute!!! [​IMG]

3. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    That's a happsy snapsy cheekaaan.

4. They'll be alright. Looks like you got everything covered. The look old enough to take on the night.

5. ajay

Jun 1, 2011
    I think they'll be fine too. We were planning on moving them in a few days anyway. It's just a cool little milestone for this set of suburban chicken owners. [​IMG]

6. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    That's adorable!!! What breed are they? They're so stink'n cute!! Nice coop too [​IMG]

7. ajay

Jun 1, 2011
    The first two are EE's and the second two are Welsummers. [​IMG] We think they are pretty cute too.

They did great last night! We went out to see them this morning and they were happily eating and drinking. Yay!

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG]
    First major milestone -wahoo!

How many times didja check on 'em throughout the night? I STILL go out at least once, late, to make sure they're all doing well... Each time I put a new batch o' chicks out for their first night in their grow-out coop!

9. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I love the way my two chickens are looking at each other like "really? does she really expect us to sleep here?" lol

And the other two are saying, "This place looks awfully big...."​

10. Cool_chicks_dad

Cool_chicks_dad Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2011
    Way up North
    Congratulations so exciting. Very cute, nice coop too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by