First Night In The Coop

Mak

Songster
10 Years
Dec 12, 2009
Londonderry, NH
So we put the 10 girls out in the coop last night for the first time. They did fine. Not so sure about me!! I was a nervous wreck!
big_smile.png
Hubby kept saying: "They'll be fine. The coop is secure and locked down, it's warm, they have plenty of food and water, and they needed the extra room! You have to let go sometime!" Yeah, I know, but still- it was their first night out of the brooder! Best thing we did was put the webcam in there. I only got up three times to check on them!!
caf.gif
lol.png

Webcam is a wonderful idea!! I wish I had the ability to do that when I put my girls out for their first night.
big_smile.png
Everybody is alive and well here so must not have done anything real bad. I was freaked out that first night too! Glad everybody is well and happy
smile.png

Camera is part of the home controlled network hubby decided we needed out there. Well, we use it in here too, for lights and stuff. Can control the heat lamp, regular light, camera, pop door and outside lights from computer or remote control. He's set the coop light to slowly dim as the sun sets so they get the idea that it's sleepy time. The pop door will open automatically in the AM and close in the evening. The camera is primarily so we can make sure the automation is working properly (most times it does, but there are occasional glitches), but it was a godsend for me last night. Otherwise, I'd have been out there with a flashlight!

http://www.koopkam.homedns.org

username: guest
password: chicken

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom