First night in the coop!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gapeach717, Apr 8, 2012.

1. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Omg! I cannot believe I am now the mommy of coop living chickies!! My babies are all in their coop tonight!! They have been in since about 11am. They did great all day, and tonight the Christmas lights mixed with pink paint, heat lamps, and fresh pine have it bright and warm and happy enough to where i could sleep in there!! I am so worried but so proud of my chickies!!! So far we found a lizard that got in somehow and was stuck in the sandbox, but nothing else! Praying it stays that way. Hoping the huge non stop barking Doberman next door will help keep predators at bay as well!! Luckily between my three big dogs and living in the living room for a month now they are not spooked by barking at all. LOL!! Oh I am such a nervous nervous mommy!!!!!! Eeeeek!!!!

Tell me they will be ok!!!!

2. pinkribbons4

pinkribbons4 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2012
    Vermont
    They will be fine! I went through the same thing last night! My chicks were warm, and happy, and super excited to see me this morning. The difference in how they are acting with all the extra space is amazing! You'll get through tonight (as long as you don't have a break down like I did last night), and wake up tomorrow to find happy chickies [​IMG]

3. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Thank you!! I have been out 10 times already!!! LOL!!! I cannot believe how nervous I am!! LOL!!!

here was the scene a minute ago (pardon the crappy phone pics, lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bah! I feel like running out again to see them! and they were SUPER happy to see me tonight, but lost interest when they seen I wasnt carrying snacks! [​IMG]

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    They'll be fine. Mine have been in the coop since they were 3 days old. The only reason they didn't go in sooner is because I was waiting for the ones I ordered to arrive so they could all go in at the same time.

5. RonC

RonC Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    D/FW
    The'll be ok, and when you wake up in the middle of the night and go to check on them(you will) they will be sleeping unless you make too much noise.

6. gapeach717

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Lol Ron! Thanks guys! I thought about pulling my sleeping bag out, lol!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by