First night in their coop

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Spike_2112, May 19, 2019.

1. Spike_2112

Spike_2112 Chirping

Apr 3, 2019
    Falls Creek, PA
    So after 8 weeks of raising our day-old chicks (and building their coop and run), the flock is spending their first night in their new home. We have gone to just about all lengths to predator proof everything, to include 1/4” hardware cloth all around and even motion activated led lights around coop. Still, I’m still wondering if I’ll be able to sleep well tonight . It was neat seeing how much they enjoyed their new pad and playground/run! Now that the hard work is done, looking forward to watching them grow, develop their own personalities, and rewarding us with many colorful eggs!

Attached Files:

2. WhoDatChick

WhoDatChick Free Ranging

Sep 6, 2018
    Nawlins, Louisiana
    That is a very nice coop!! I wouldn’t worry too much ;)... looks quite safe and cozy! Great job!

Spike_2112 likes this.
  3. Newblet

Newblet Chirping

Jan 28, 2019
    Texas
    Very cool! Love the coop, especially the swing.

4. BY Bob

BY Bob Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    What a great setup you have created for them. They are very lucky to have you!

5. Thatothercrazychickenlady

Thatothercrazychickenlady Chirping

Jun 1, 2018
    Canada
    Wow! Looks like such a fun and entertaining set up for them. Looks pretty solid to.

6. Spike_2112

Spike_2112 Chirping

Apr 3, 2019
    Falls Creek, PA
    Thanks! Judging by how they like to run around chasing each other and playing, I’d say they’re pretty happy with the setup. I would not recommend anyone try building a run/coop on such an incline, but we didn’t have a choice. It certainly makes everything more difficult in the long run. I’m just hoping it isn’t a huge mess in the rain. Might have to install some drainage to keep the run from taking it all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: