First night out!!!! I'm freaking out!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Jul 13, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    I know it would take a bear to get into the coop, I know they wont get cold or hungry, or thirsty.....so why am I freaking out!!!? My wife already said she knows I wont sleep and that I would be getting up a few times tonight....am I crazy!? [​IMG]

2. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    You may be crazy, but you are in very good company. If it makes you feel any better, the first night I had my chicks I slept next to the brooder.

3. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:[​IMG] it does make me feel better!!! I did get up a few times to check on them the 1st night in the brooder....but I didn't sleep there! [​IMG]

4. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Yup...ur crazy...but u r right here with the rest of us! I didn't sleep next to them...but I went out to the coop almost every hr to check on them. My coop is the same...it would take a bear to get inside and we don't have bear around. Mostly squirrels and chicken hawks. They will b fine...u will b fine...but just check on them to make urself feel better! [​IMG]

5. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    it does make me feel better!!! I did get up a few times to check on them the 1st night in the brooder....but I didn't sleep there!

Truth be told, there wasn't much sleeping involved. I was kept awake by my black cat, Lucius Malfoy, pacing around and around the great dane crate, looking for an opening. He never did find one (and now they're 12-weeks old, he's afraid of them. HA.)

I took this great pic that night...

[​IMG]

6. bertman

bertman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Now I feel better about MY chicken obsession.[​IMG]

Thanks

7. the1honeycomb

the1honeycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yadkinville NC-3yrs
    oH yeah this is the first time out for my babies with their mother, I found her up on the perch and admonished her for leaving her babies!!! then I picked her up so the babies would come to her and I could put them all up the babies fell out from under her wings!!!! never suspected it!!!!!need to go out and check on them now.

No I am not chicken obsessed, [​IMG]

8. Vtchicks

Vtchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Rutland, VT
    I know the feeling, chicks are ready-coop is ready-weather is good-I'm NOT ready. But hey, tomorrow is another day, I'll move them tomorrow. Ya tomorrow, that's what i'll do.

9. turbodog

turbodog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Independence, La.
    Quote:Suuuuurrrrre yer not. [​IMG]

10. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Great pic of the cat with the red light! hahaha

Ok, so I went to check on them...and go figured they were sleeping all bundled up on a corner of the run!! With the 4 week old on the bottom of the pile! They have a coop with 8 feet worth of roost and I left a cardboard box on the run, just incase they wanted to bundle up rather than roost....silly girls...I picked them up and put them on the roost...they weren't too happy!!!!

I'll check on them again in a few....I know one jumped down we shall see how I find them next!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by