First Night Out

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JakRat, May 19, 2009.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Not a wink of sleep last night!!! I put my girls (5 weeks old) and my rooster (4 weeks) out for their first night and they did great!!! One thing though... they can seem to figure out how to get to the bottom part of my coop (it is an A fram and they enclosed part is on top with a ramp down). I put little bits of food going down the ramp, my boyfriend and I lead them up the ramp but I hope that they learn how to go up and down???? Any advice on getting them to do this?

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  2. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Practice, practice, practice.
    They will figure it out, remember there is not a very big brain in that little head of theirs. [​IMG]

3. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Quote:LOL that is true... they look at us like we are crazy though... I even tried the ET method of putting treats down the ramp, but I am not sure if it worked![​IMG]

4. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    They'll learn. Soon enough they'll be busting down the popdoor to get outside. Mine actually "bump" it from inside while I'm unlocking it in the morning. Dorks.

I can tell you're a good chicken mommy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by