First night outside

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by chzheadgrl, May 25, 2010.

1. chzheadgrl

chzheadgrl Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    So, I think I am going to let my big boy, Rodgers, sleep in his new home tonight. I am really nervous about him being outside, but I think it's warm enough and safe. But still...the "what-ifs" are scary!

2. molly d

molly d Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    lawrence, ks
    I know the feeling! My four girls are spending their first night outside tonight in their "big girl" coop, and I'm really nervous. I've already checked on them five times and it's barely even dark yet. Looks like it's going to be a long night...

3. JacksFlock

JacksFlock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2010
    Maine
    how old are your girls?

4. molly d

molly d Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    lawrence, ks
    Quote:They're about 3 months old. In other words, they are entirely too old to be just now going outside! We're first-time chicken parents, and trying to build the coop was a comedy of errors. It was one thing after another for about a month before we were finally able to finish it earlier today. The ladies have been fine every time I've checked on them, but I'm worried about them! I'll get over it eventually, I know, but right now it's a little stressful.

5. Netherworldtaken

Netherworldtaken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2010
    Missouri
    my daughter stayed up all night the first night our girls went outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by