First night outside!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Glockoma441FA, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Glockoma441FA

Glockoma441FA Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2012
    Bedford, Texas
    My girls will be 15 weeks old on Thursday and getting big. They have been living in a huge box in the garage for about 12 weeks now. They have been getting adventurist and exploring the garage more and more, so I decided it was time to get on the ball and get them an outdoor coop. I was going to by them one over the holidays then plans changed so Friday I started building. So tonight is their first night out side. I have been nervous ever since putting them out. I have gone outside about every 15 minutes to check on them. I doubt I will sleep much tonight. I still have some fine tuning to do on the coop but I would say it is 98% complete. I will take some pics to post soon. It was to dark tonight.

2. Glockoma441FA

Glockoma441FA Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2012
    Bedford, Texas
    Geez! Now that I have seen the coops posted on here, I am embarrassed to even show mine lol. I am no carpenter and I used a bunch of scrap wood. Looks ghetto in comparison. [​IMG]

3. cknkids

cknkids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2012
    Camarillo, CA
    I'm sure it's great and your girls will be happer outside with more room.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Chickens don't care how their coop looks. All they want is safety from predators, protection against drafts and extreme weather, plenty of food, water and attention.

There are a whole lot more BYC members than there are pictures of coops, so not everybody is showing 'em off. ;). But I would be proud to display pictures of something I made myself, with re-purposed materials!

5. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    i just put mine out at 7 weeks, and they are doing great! dont worry about them tonight, if the door is closed nothing will happen. Go ahead and post a pic of your coop! its awesome to see what others make. I made one of seven of mine out of scraps and even though it looks hideous it is very nice!

6. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    I used and using re purposed materials. Look at the "My Coop" on my profile to see mine and what I am currently building.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by