First Night

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by herechickychicky, May 25, 2011.

1. herechickychicky

herechickychicky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2010
    Marion
    Well, it appears all is well. We all survived the first night. [​IMG] Sleep was a little rough, though. Every time I got up, "well, might as well go check on the chicks, I'm up anyway" lol......

2. mcf3kids

mcf3kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    LOL that is funny - I am a few weeks away from my "first night" but I know I will be the same way - Hoping the weather gets warmer here so I can get them out in the coop in the next week or two. The brooder in the living room is getting a bit messy these days with 22 gals in there. [​IMG]

3. herechickychicky

herechickychicky Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2010
    Marion
    [​IMG] 22 chicks?! Wow..... I just got my 8 yesterday. I'm not ready to start even thinking about putting them outside yet, having them inside and being nervous about how they are doing is enough for me at the moment. [​IMG]

4. Dornes

Dornes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    South Western WI
    Way to make it through the first night! I know I am going to be a nervous wreck the first night after mine get here today or tomorrow.... they were shipped yesterday and I am nervous for their travels through the mail to get to me! I know how some boxes can look upon arrival, I hope they handle my chicks better than that!

5. csummer8882

csummer8882 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Rockingham County, NH
    Our 6 will be going out this weekend. We put the chicks before the coop lol! Congrats!

6. Cryssie_Bou

Cryssie_Bou Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2011
    we mde it threw our first night as well.. 25 meat kings in one brooder and 20 brown pullet chicks in another... the meat kings are much quiter than the browns [​IMG]

Cryssie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by