First of Many Companies to END BATTERY CAGES!!!! NEWS!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yanks26, Apr 20, 2009.

1. yanks26

yanks26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Connecticut
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is so fantastic to hear!!! I agree.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Its about time this country comes around. There is no reason to treat animals like that. You have made my night. I'm so happy to hear such good news, thank you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SpringChickens

SpringChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    College Station, Tx
    Definitely a step in the right direction!!! [​IMG]

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    As someone in the Uk who is involved with the Battery Hen Welfare Trust and a staunch advocate of no birds in battery cages, you have made me very very happy. Now we just have to convice the rest of the world.............

No Hens in Cages......

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It is good news... some will pay more for eggs, but I imagine you'll all agree it is good news.

6. yanks26

Jan 9, 2009
    Connecticut
    I do realize that if battery cages are gotten rid of, the price for eggs will skyrocket but that is something that almost all people should be willing to pay.

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Its something all people SHOULD be willing to pay, but people are going to complain anyways. They complain about battery cages and they'll complain about the egg prices when they go insane. Most people dont see chickens like we do. They dont care where their eggs come from, they just want what's cheapest. I dont agree with battery cages, but I've recently realized that in the egg business, free range birds wont get you anywhere. Cage Free is always good though, even though the hens are still stuck in buildings where they arent allowed outside. But I could ramble. [​IMG]

All in all, THIS is why I raise my own eggs.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  8. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Theres nothing that cheeses me off more than people who dont give a good life to the creatures that live and die for our needs. That just irks the pants off me.

not really. I do tend to keep my pants on....

9. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Quote:There is no need to think the cost of eggs will 'skyrocket'. It may go up, until the industry figures out how to manage the hens (properly, humanely, and in a manner closer to that of actually being a chicken instead of just an egg laying machine) but it'll settle. People are becoming more educated as to how the treatment of their food affects their own health, whatever it takes to make the industry treat their animals responsibly works for me!

10. yanks26

Jan 9, 2009
    Connecticut
    I do feel like more and more people are starting to realize the danger in battery cages. Within the last year I have met so many people whose views have changed from the last time I spoke with them. People are becoming increasingly aware of the situation and this might actually allow room for newcomers who want to start up their own small business with chickens and free range / cage free.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by