First online chicke order... help!!!

Aylala88

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
Rural Nebraska
So I am going to order chicks from the Welp hatchery online for the first time.

The minimum order for chicks is 25 and females have to be purchased in groups of 5 by breed. Males you can order less.
So...

Can I order say 32 chicks? Or must I order in groups of 25?

HELP!

I just looked at the site, and it looks to me like you have to order at least 5 pullets of a breed, but it doesn't specify that you have to order in groups of 5. you should be able to order 6 or 7 pullets of one breed if you want.

To be certain, it's best to call and ask.

Good luck!

Ok I hope u don't mind if I ask but I just checked the silkies on that well hatchery and does anyone know what all silkies would be in the assorted bantam silkies thanks

I just looked at the site, and it looks to me like you have to order at least 5 pullets of a breed, but it doesn't specify that you have to order in groups of 5. you should be able to order 6 or 7 pullets of one breed if you want.

To be certain, it's best to call and ask.

Good luck!
That's what I saw as well. A minimum of 5 per breed, either pullets or straight run. That means you can order more than 5 per breed.

Ok I hope u don't mind if I ask but I just checked the silkies on that well hatchery and does anyone know what all silkies would be in the assorted bantam silkies thanks

You probably have an equal chance to get any of the bantam silkies listed as being available to order individually from that hatchery.

The assortments for any hatchery (from what I can tell) are whatever chicks hatch that aren't committed to customers for specific orders. I imagine the sprecific orders are filled first, and then the pickers go through with boxes for their assortment orders, grabbing what's there. WIth the variability in how many eggs actually hatch that day and what has been ordered, there are always some to put into the assortments.

Well I don't really care what kind they are as long as they ain't those creepy looking naked neck ones

Hi meyer hatchery let's you order as few as 3 for April! They also use long lasting heat packs in shipping. most other hatchery's dont. They have a HUGE choice of breeds and online tells you each breeds characteristics, and available hatch dates and gives you male or female choice. They give a free chick that you pick the sex and it's a "suprise" breed no matter how small your order. it's called a "meal maker" because it's purpose is to give the eggs to hungry people in your area. it's Meyers way of helping you help others. you also pick your own hatch/ship date. also they do not use or add male chicks to your order for warmth like other hatcheries. They only charge .50 cents for the Mareks vaccine per bird but will vaccinate the free chick at no charge if you got your others vaccinated. They have Excellent customer service and they also ship express depending on your address! if you go online to Meyers hatchery and press shop, then chicks you will have the choice of brown egg layers, white egg layers, bantams, or Rare breeds and each category has LOTS of different breeds to choose from. They also have buyers reviews and questions on each breed. The website has actual pictures of there stock and not drawings like other sites. My Pet Chicken gets there birds from Meyer but do have there own breeding programs. I pre ordered early in January for April but was still able to add on a rare breed female with limited females left of that breed. They have answered all my emails and questions promptly and have been extremely helpful to me. you should take a look at there website and see what you think.I'm pretty sure with later hatch dates they still have females available. hope this helps you out.

Hello thanks so what u are saying is the eggs from my chickens I ordered goes to hungry people in my area or what r u meaning

Meyers Hatchery gives a free chick with every order. They call it a "Meyer Meal Maker". It's a free chick similar to those you ordered. They give you a free bird in hopes that you will use its eggs too feed families other than your own. Of course, it's your bird so your choice to share its eggs.

Back
Top Bottom