First outdoor dustbath...!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Coreyboy18, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Coreyboy18

Coreyboy18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    My little biddies are really growing up. They've been going outside to free-range each day for about thirty minutes or so. Well today, they've begun to enjoy the dirt a little more. They dustbathe inside regularly via an upside down frisbee in their brooder, but now they've started doing it outside. They are coming along quite nicely and I'm not wanting to get rid of my roo... [​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    The video is blurry but it's stil as cute as could be! [​IMG]

3. Coreyboy18

Jun 17, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Quote:Yeah, it was taken with my iPhone unfortunately. I'm just trying to document as much as possible while they're babies...and I thought they looked so cute trying to bathe in the dirt! [​IMG]

4. FriesianGroupie#1

FriesianGroupie#1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2010
    Bethune
    My babies are doing that in their food!! So thats what they are trying to do! Awesome vid!! thanks for sharing!

Shereena

5. Coreyboy18

Jun 17, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    FriesianGroupie#1 :

My babies are doing that in their food!! So thats what they are trying to do! Awesome vid!! thanks for sharing!

Shereena

Haha, yeah! I first introduced them to dirt in their brooder with an upside down frisbee. They hadn't bathed outdoors before, although they would in their brooder. Today, they graduated! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by