first peachicks of 2011

deerman

Rest in Peace 1949-2012
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Southern Ohio
I have not been setting eggs this year, but found a peahen hiding a nest, 4 eggs 4 peachicks. 100 % hatch, also found another peahen on a set of eggs.

14880_2011_peachicks_003.jpg

Wow!
ep.gif
Congratulations on these lovely additions
love.gif
!!! Can you figure who are their parents, so what they will be?
wee.gif

congrats very cute we just went to our coop an debbie starts yelling dad something is wrong with amy she is laying in the grass an wont move.she then gets up an was sitting on 2 eggs.we grabbed them an put them in the incubator with another egg we collected.we will let her sit once we hatch a few more.what kind of peas will we get with our sp any chance of any darker birds.debbie want to hatch or get a darker chick to free range next year with our ib male dont want to free range white birds they never do well

Last edited:
Well the hen that hatch them was a spalding split charcoal and pied.

one chick is split pied by the flights, 1 is blackshourder , 1 is i think blackshoulder pied. not even sure the hen was just setting on her eggs,

in my large flight pen she was only dark hen, others were bs pied , and 1 cameo bs silver pied. peacocks that could be father was purple pied, bs pied white eye, or a charcoal.

So the two bs are not her chicks, my guess bs pied hens and the bs pied white eye are the parents, as far as i know the purple pied is not split to bs.

I do have my other penned by color, charcoal with hens split to charcoal....bronze with bronze hen and pied hen split bronze...white (peach) peacock with bs silver pied hens and white hens.

Less than 20 birds all for sale........sell most in trio. or pairs

Back
Top Bottom