1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First pip--and this!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cici_p, Apr 12, 2009.

1. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Day 21. Woke up this morning to my first pip. . .but my temp was at 101.5 (in a forced air) and my humidity had dropped to 48% [​IMG]
    I've been able to keep my temp and humidity steady the entire time, why now???
    [​IMG]
    I hope I didn't fry the little babies. [​IMG]
    Humidity is back up now, but I am having trouble not reaching in the bator to check them all.
    [​IMG]

2. kenny44

kenny44 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2009
    Andalusia alabama
    I had the same thing happen with me, this is my first hatch, also had a power outage for 1.5 hrs, and out of 23 eggs i have 18 strong and very lively chicks, so good luck, and still learning here.

Kenny

3. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    today is day 21 for me too on my second hatch...had a great first hatch they pipped on day 20 on this hatch day 21...nothing

4. chicklady63

chicklady63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Hang in there - don't give up. Temperature fluctuations are normal even with a broody. I would give them adequate time of at least 23 days before admitting death and defeat!

5. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Right now I am just sitting here reading posts to keep my hands out of the incubator. . .
    maddening!

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    If you got your humidity back up, try not to worry, and keep the lid closed! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by