First Polish Egg or Light Brahma egg??????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by WindyOaksYokes, Sep 30, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Okay, can someone please tell me if this is my first polish egg???? I had a Silver Laced Polish checking out the nest... but then had a light brahma in the nest... only found this egg... Pure white real pretty... is is too big? Could it belong to the LB??? I do have to mention... Daughter was bringing in eggs too... so it could be either or... [​IMG] [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated!!!! I do know it is NOT a duck egg this time!!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the lighting...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

If it's white, it's from the Polish.
    If it's tan/brown, it's from the Brahma.

3. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Spotted - I have a feeling that it is from the polish.... BUT, I just thought it was a little big to be from the polish... although I am thrilled I have one laying... just curious. All of my Light Brahmas have been laying real light cream colored eggs... that is one of the reasons I thought maybe it might be the the LB. Oh well, I will keep a watch on that certain polish tomorrow and see if she lays another.... Thanks for replying.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Tes, almost every new layer around here starts out the first couple of weeks by giving me at least one double yolker. Maybe that's why it's so big.

5. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    OK... I will let you know when I EAT it LOL... Just seemed a little big for the polish... and I remember the "duck & polish" conversation LOL.... and this egg is just about the same size... just not as big around... Okay... well I'm done.... I will take it as my first polish egg and leave it at that!!!

Thanks you too.. Tes

6. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Just as an off-hand note...

While reading my chicken bible.. ah STOREY'S GUIDE, she mentions that she had a flock of NHRs that layed green eggs as well as brown (weren't as pure as she had been told, presumably). So... if your Brahma had been mixed w/ something else...

Although, brown egg is dominant so I don't know...

[​IMG] It's late here and I think I'm confused. But I hope your egg was DELICIOUS!!

-Meghan

7. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    My Light Brahmas lay med to light brown eggs...

8. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    The middle photo looks like the eggs from my WC Blacks....really white. The WC Blues here have a slightly tinged cream colored egg. (just enough to tell them from the Black hens eggs.) Is the egg slightly longer in shape than your normal eggs?

Congratulations!

9. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks all, Found out who it was today... finally LOL... it is one of my silver laced polish... shocking she is laying so late in the season... but who am I to complain LOL... She gave me another one today about the same size as the first... shocking... they just dont seem small to me... was expecting a lot smaller!!!!

Vert - these were my first eggs ever from her... that is why I was questioning it. All the photos I posted are all the same egg... just taken in different places... the nest where she laid... in my hand... so the sun would act as my light... and then in the house... and dummy me didnt turn on the light... But they are all the same egg. All my other eggs are from brown egg layers Light Brahmas, Buff Orps, RIR, PR, and BR.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hooray!!!
    Glad you figured out the mystery egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by