First post, been lurking.

RiffRaff

Hatching
Jul 22, 2015
Hi everyone! My girlfriend and I got a couple chickens right before Christmas and have been learning A LOT ever since. We had no idea how much we didn't know.

I spent a month or so turning the bottom half of the kid's playhouse into a coop before we got our girls. Hopefully I will get some coop and feeder pictures posted soon.

We've been through cocci, introductions between the dog and birds, almost a total loss of 2.5 months of garden growth after the kids let the birds out one morning before we left for work and school. Yes our birds love swiss chard, cauliflower and broccoli. They REALLY like it in fact.

Anyway, nice to have found this site and thanks for the informative posts. Hopefully I can contribute what I learn in time.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Yep, chickens and veggie gardening are not good bed fellows unfortunately - actually chickens and monkeys make gardening a total waste of time where i live. Anyway, i hope that you enjoy being a member of BYC as much as the rest of us - we are a friendly bunch, so feel free to post any questions that you may have.

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif

There's always something new to learn when you deal with animals and chickens are no exception. I learned about chickens and gardening when mine wiped out an entire patch of kale in one afternoon. Little rascals. They do love a nice garden.

Hope you're having fun and if we can be of any assistance, feel free to ask questions!

Back
Top Bottom