1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First post on BYC and of course its here! Breed help?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BusyStFarmer, Jun 12, 2016.

1. BusyStFarmer

BusyStFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Hello All!

So begins my chicken owner conquest! I found a man in my area that was selling reasonably cheap 2 1/2-3 month old birds. The catch is this man was more of an experimental mutt creator. He buys some hatching eggs, some are given to him, and some are taken fertilized from his flock. I picked up 3 lovely ladies yesterday. Besides knowing they are at least 1-2 generations mutt breed I was hoping you can shine some light on possibly what they could be. They are named after the golden girls with only Blanche missing (soon to come lol). Any help is greatly appreciated!

PS. I am completely aware that they are poor examples of anything but I still think they are as cute as a button!

[​IMG]
    Little Sophia

[​IMG]
    Little Sophie (left), Rose (right), Dorothy (back)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can get better pictures upon request!

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Rose looks like she may have Delaware in her and Dorothy may have Black Australorp.

3. BusyStFarmer

BusyStFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts

That's exactly what I was thinking but as for Sophia I am at a complete loss. Thank you!

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Sophia may have some white Plymouth Rock or Leghorn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by