First post!

Pics
Jan 17, 2018
This is our first post :celebrate(with a question)

We have seven chickens, four roosters and three hens. We have two coops, one rooster lived with two hens, but sadly a predator got in and the hens ran, not only are we sad, but our rooster is very sad by himself. We tried to move him with the other flock, but he and the head rooster were not getting along. We are planing on ordering pullets in the next day or so, but is there a way to cheer him up before they come?

:idunno

Was the predator attack recent? If the hens ran they may be hiding somewhere and will return when they feel safe to do so. I home they back for you and their rooster.

It was recent, we are keeping our eyes out for wandering hens, our rooster has been crowing a lot trying to call them back, hoping they will find there way back.
:fl

:)Thank you!:D

G’Day from down under Fluffychickensflock :frow Welcome!

I am sorry to hear of the predicament you are currently in. Sorry also that I have no experience with roosters and not sure how to cheer your little man up.

However, I agree with Diva in that all may not be lost. They could be in shock and may hide for days. Definitely look in places that you would not expect to find a chicken .. they will hide almost anywhere in a panic and I have heard of them turning up behind fridges, cupboards in a shed or barn etc or other tight spaces.

Good luck :fl

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

This is our first post :celebrate(with a question)

We have seven chickens, four roosters and three hens. We have two coops, one rooster lived with two hens, but sadly a predator got in and the hens ran, not only are we sad, but our rooster is very sad by himself. We tried to move him with the other flock, but he and the head rooster were not getting along. We are planing on ordering pullets in the next day or so, but is there a way to cheer him up before they come?

:idunno

Welcome to BYC! Sorry to hear about the hens. Do you know what predator? They may not have ran, they may have been taken. When you say you're ordering pullets, you mean full grown girls, right? Sounds like your new to BYC but not to chickens. So, I'm sure you know that you can't put littles with a full grown rooster. We recently had a member loose all of her hens to a Teflon heating lamp accident. They were able to get a new big girl flock for their surviving rooster.
I am surprised that you have 3 roosters living with 1 hen? :eek:. It's no surprise that they didn't want a 4th rooster joining the party!

G’Day from down under Fluffychickensflock :frow Welcome!

I am sorry to hear of the predicament you are currently in. Sorry also that I have no experience with roosters and not sure how to cheer your little man up.

However, I agree with Diva in that all may not be lost. They could be in shock and may hide for days. Definitely look in places that you would not expect to find a chicken .. they will hide almost anywhere in a panic and I have heard of them turning up behind fridges, cupboards in a shed or barn etc or other tight spaces.

Good luck :fl

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I will make sure to look where i would not usually find them, i am hoping to find them since they got along so well, since one was his mom and the other was his moms sister.

Thank you:D:D

Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us! welcome.gif
I'm hoping as well that your hens may return.

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Oh I am so very sorry! :hugsI have kept lone birds quiet with a 24/7 ticking clock. Very soothing. A quiet radio playing soft music during the day only too. Mirrors help, and spending lots if time with them. Hopefully you can get him some friends soon.

Welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom