First precious little egg! I

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kiwiheather, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Kiwiheather

Kiwiheather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2011
    I went out to put the girls in tonight and must have missed seeing it this morning! How CUTE!!!...right in the nest box where it should be...a perfect little egg! I swear I took 20 pics lol.. I really can't believe what a little miracle and I am so grateful for every egg I have ever eaten now...what an amazing thing these little hens do[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Yay for you!!! Those first eggs are ridiculously thrilling, aren't they??? Most folks (who don't keep chickens) would think us crazy with how excited we get...lol. It's been three years since I was in your shoes, and I still remember the feeling [​IMG]

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!

Wishing you many more eggs in the happy future.

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    The first egg ever is most exciting. However, I've found it is also exciting to get the first egg from each pullet.

Congratulations!

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    My Dominique girl's first egg was in the nest where it belongs too and it was a perfect little brown egg.
    [​IMG]

6. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    I still get excited about every egg I find! Ok, not AS excited as the first ones, but I'm amazed and grateful for every one, every time.

7. Hyline

Hyline Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2012
    Western Australia
    Clever little hen! Congrats! I take pictures and post them on facebook page lol - love the first egg!!

8. sven

sven Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    NW Oregon
    This is makeing me excited to see my lil pullet lay one for the fist time. I'm thinking about it and its hard to wrap my head around that these amazing lil creatures make these things. Its crazy! Its hard to imagine my lil pet will be basically makeing me food. haha [​IMG]

9. 5littlechicks

5littlechicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2011
    Middleburg, FL
    Congrats! We just got our first egg too!

10. AHDCST

AHDCST Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Albemarle,NC
    [​IMG]Congrats on all the new eggs! I still get thrilled everyday when I gather eggs.I agree, chickens are amazing creatures. I was raised in the city up north so I am new to the whole chicken thing. I love them and noone will be able to take them away from me! I am even more amazed when my little bitty banty eggs hatch! I just can't fathom how a tiny little chick the size of my thumb grows and comes out of such tiny eggs. They are so cool!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by