First Shipped Eggs-Blessed!!! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by artathart, Apr 14, 2011.

1. artathart

artathart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    I just received my first ever shipment of eggs. I was worried because I assume ALL sellers claim to pack their eggs well. I have seen and read some horror stories and seen pics of bad packing and post office damage. I figured I would shine some light and hope for future eggs buyers who get a good seller. Granted, They could still be scrambled and I have to test for fertility in a few days but I think they were packed better then I had imagines. My box was marked "Fragile" on every side, Had a paper taped to the box stating that live animals were inside and then "Hatching eggs" were written on all sides per my request. Today I feel like I have been blessed by the shipping Gods! Wish me luck for fertility and no scrambled eggs!

FYI- It took me 25 mins wo open all 12 eggs and I am not complaining!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    Good luck!! I have my first ever shipped eggs (my first ever hatching eggs as well) in my incubator and was blessed as well!! [​IMG] I won an auction for 12 eggs, they shipped 14. Out of those 13 developed and now 3 are rocking in the bator. [​IMG] When I candled them the last time I think a couple of them were early quitters, but since I'm new to hatching I left them in just in case!!

3. sweeterdeeter42

sweeterdeeter42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northern Illinois
    WOW, that is great packing!

4. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:Wow, thats wonderful! I figure if out of 26 eggs I picked up locally I am down to 10....I will take my chances with shipped eggs. What day are you on since you have ones rocking???

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

GREAT packing job!!! If you bought them here, you should tell us who it is..... [​IMG]

6. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:I did.....And I will.....So long as I confrim fertility. [​IMG] Which I am sure they are fertile since the seller went to so much trouble to pack these so well. I will update with seller info in 3-4 days and will be leaving them feeback at that time as well. I am so excited.

7. mommyofthree

mommyofthree Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2010
    Quote:I am on day 20, we can hear some peeping too!! I'm so excited!! [​IMG]

8. SDpeafowl

SDpeafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Dakota
    Glad to hear you got your eggs all in one piece! What kind of eggs are these? and I presume these will be going into your new Brinsea?

9. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:Yes! Tomorrow I am setting them in my new Brinsea. They are Blue Laced Red Wyandottes.

10. artathart

Mar 31, 2011
    Just realized my half my eggs are 10 days old :-(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by