First Show of the Season!!! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Celtic Hill, May 16, 2011.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Okay so yesterday I had my first dressage test (Intro A), and our first show of the season. My horse was a bit of a handful in warm up, she's still second year green horse so she's getting used to everything. We warmed up well in the arena but then people were crowding around the door at A and she didn't like that and wouldn't circle at A, after a few tries I decided to just continue on with my test. We did well for the rest of it, we need to work on center line and going straight, I rushed the salute and i don't think i even looked at the judge. But it was our first time and it was a schooling show, so we were there to school. I got a 63% on the test, They still graded us and placed us even though we went off pattern. When I heard my name over the loud speaker I was like :shock: and went to the secretaries booth and was like "I shouldn't have won" she explained to me how it was a schooling show and such so I was like oh okay.

Later in the day I had green horse division and we actually went into that corner of the arena for it, Imagine that. I placed well in flat, 4th in equitation, 2ed in Pleasure and first in comand!!!

It rained ALL day and we were soaked! I was showing in a nice pull over sweater and it got soaked so I ended up changing into my barrel racing shirt which is just a white oxford tie died green :mrgreen:

I forgot to ad that we have been riding in a hackamore for the past few months because we were having bit issues and i felt that instead of fighting with the bit i would ride her in a hackamore untill I can start with my trainer again at the end of the month and so we can start with a bit the right way.

I have no pictures from the dressage test, I do have a video I can post if I can figure out youtube! I put her tail in a mud knot for the flat classes (i left it long for dressage) because it drags on the ground and I didn't want to get it all gross.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Beautiful horse.

3. L.L Farm

L.L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    Congrats on your ribbons! And very beautiful horse. What Breed is she? Her neck and face remind me a little bit of QH.

4. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Thanks guys! She is an Irish Sport Horse!

5. L.L Farm

L.L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    Well, she's beautiful. I only really know QH since its all i've ever owned [​IMG]
    I don't do any english classes, halter and gymkana. She's a 16.1 11 year old dapple grey (not really dapple anymore, she's almost all white now) appendix QH. Love the breed

6. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Congrats on your ribbons! What a beautiful horse she is! Love the pics, the last one is great!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on your placements, and WHAT A BEAUTIFUL HORSE!

8. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Very well done. Horse and rider both!!

9. TMNTCkins

TMNTCkins Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful horse. Congrats on a great day!!

10. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Congrats Celtic!!!
    Your mare is so beautiful!!
    Give her a hug for me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by