first silky egg

duck walk

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
white springs, fl
I have three hatchery silky girls....not too pretty and I really have not paid too much attenion to them...one black, two buff...they run with the big chickens, do well and are just kind of there...well, the black one was all huddled up under the roosts in a corner this a.m. and I thought maybe she was just cold...it was nippy...I went out a while ago and she was gone into the yard but left the cutest little egg behind I have ever seen...sooo little...I have been collecting ten to twelve Pekin duck eggs every morning so this one seemed just darn cute beside those honkers...my little silky girl is a full blown hen now...I have a black silky rooster my son named Fifty Cent when he was home on leave last week...they are hatchery silkies and just not up to par with those I have seen from other places...my son said Fifty Cent is the ugliest rooster he has ever seen...so ugly he is darn cute...he is a good rooster...watches the sky, alarms and sends the girls to the coop when the hawks circle...one girl did not go in last week at his command to run for your life so his brave little soul went back to the yard and bopped her on the head telling her to move it on to safety...he is a trip...Fifty Cent is a keeper...

love.gif

I didn't think I would like my silkies I got last year . . . just got them to be broodies for me . . . but I love them. SOunds like yours are great too - congrats!

I love my silkies, too. They are from a hatchery also. I have to say that the pictures I've seen of other silkies not from hatcheries are waayy better looking. Mine aren't as fluffy as I expected. But I do love my girls!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom