first snow fall

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Lund121671, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Lund121671

Lund121671 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Wisconsin
    our 09 hatch geese have just experienced there first show. Not all of them like it, but they are sure curious of what they should do with it. Most of them are eating it like it is food. The sebs. are breathtaking with all of those white feathers drapping down into the fluff.

2. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    My geese seem a little confused as to where all the grass suddenly went to. It all disappeared overnight and they can't figure out what to do with themselves now. They kind of "swim" through the snow but I don't think they're too impressed.

3. amity3520

amity3520 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    New Hampshire
    It's kind of sleeting right now but it's supposed to turn to snow later! Not sure how much we'll be getting in NH but I'm excited to see what the geese will do! It's their first snow too [​IMG]

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    No fair! I'm jealous of your snow. Our mountains are getting it, but not us [​IMG] Soon though, maybe! Wishing for a white Christmas.

5. Lund121671

Lund121671 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I would love to send some your way! We had 20" of very wet snow. Had to shovel pathes everywhere and clean a area for each pen of geese. Thank God I brought all of our ducks in before hand. The next morning when i went out there huge pen with a net over it for hawk protection was collapsed to the ground. I have a net with like 4x4 inch squares, but the snow came so fast and heavy. So at this time I am totally looking forward to spring.

6. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    My geese were getting used to the snow and not minding it so much until this huge stupid storm came through. They haven't spent much time outside because of the winds (nothing with half a brain has been staying out in this weather). After three days of this my geese are getting really grumpy. They need to go out and exercise soooo bad. Like a couple of little kids who have been penned up inside too long.

7. noahsgeese

noahsgeese Border Collie

Nov 30, 2009
    Virginia
    My geese do not mind the snow at all.

Noah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by