First snow in NJ - Many more to come

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hypnofrogstevie, Oct 28, 2008.

1. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    sorry the pictures suck but this is as best as I can do

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its freaking cold out. Thank god I have my eskimo jacket

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Wow, and it's pretty early in the season too! We won't get that here though, too close to the shore.

3. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Your so lucky. All you see is white. The last time I saw snow in october was on my 11th birthday

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    That second photo is very cool... do you mind if I "borrow" it to play with it a little? [​IMG]

The weather is very odd this year. It hasn't been this cold here in 12-15 years, either. Kind of scary to think what it's going to be like in Jan/Feb when it's REALLY cold... [​IMG]

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    It is snowing here today...First snow of the season! Snow mixed with rain UGH

6. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    We've had our 1st snow of the season today in NC too. Not that we ever get that much though, but it sure is pretty.[​IMG]

7. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    Here too. I love to watch the seasons change. I lived in Las Vegas for a while and I was very homesick for Ohio. Cold here today and snow yesterday....we've had a fire in the woodburner two days running and carved pumpkins in front oif it last night while watching Halloween stuff on TV. What fun! I feel sorry for our poor chooks, though....:|

8. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

That second photo is very cool... do you mind if I "borrow" it to play with it a little? [​IMG]

The weather is very odd this year. It hasn't been this cold here in 12-15 years, either. Kind of scary to think what it's going to be like in Jan/Feb when it's REALLY cold... [​IMG]

Go righ tahead. I am going to take a few more shots now thats its pretty bad. Got an inch on the roof​

9. ChickaD

ChickaD Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    central Vermont
    That's pretty amazing to hear of snow this early in so many parts of our country...of course, we've gotten our share, but up here we expect weird weather! (weather in Vermont is never small talk! [​IMG] )

10. hypnofrogstevie

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Here is what it looks like now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow plows are set and ready to do the roads

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by