First Snow pictures - Ontario, Canada

evansacres

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
We just had our first snow last night. I went to let out the ducks this morning - I only have two that were born this past summer so I couldn't wait to see their reaction. I opened the door and everyone piled out except "Ollie"
gig.gif
. The girls were all out quacking and snuffling through the snow and he stuck his head out and REFUSED to step out into the snow. It took him a full five minutes to be convinced that it wouldn't devour him.
lau.gif
The girls actually left the pen completely and had to go back and get him. So here's the pictures of his first steps out into the snow
smile.png

89344_imgp3169.jpg

Checking things out
smile.png

89344_imgp3172.jpg

Warm water
ya.gif

89344_imgp3175.jpg

My husband yelled from the bedroom window while I was out there "Taking pictures isn't going to make it better!!"
gig.gif
lau.gif

Winter is officially here
smile.png

88140_2011dads_046.jpg
Your ducks are adorable. I hope it's okay to add a pic of my own.

Winter has arrived here in Vermont also. My girls and my one guy, coincidently named Ollie seem to be adjusting well. This is their first time too.

Excellent
smile.png
Love to have the "first snow pictures" up. Your gang looks wonderful - love the "hairdo" on your crested ducks
lau.gif

Whereabouts are you guys in Vermont? I have family that live right along the Canada/Vermont border - wonderful area!!

Great pictures! My new girls were not all that thrilled with the snow. I don't know if they saw it around Halloween when New England (well a lot of the east coast) got hammered by a snowstorm, but they were sooo funny this am. They were acting like it was going to suck them into a great abyss, then realized, oh, it's not so bad if we eat it! LOL
The cutest,funniest thing I ever saw was my two Nigerian Dwarf goats the first time they saw snow. They were probably about 6 mos old. They went to bed with no snow on the ground and woke up to about 6" of snowing on the ground and snow still falling. I opened the front of their shed, they started to come out as they usually do, stopped dead, looked at me, looked at the ground, looked at me, looked at the sky, looked at me, then looked at each other and went right back in. Loses something in the telling, but it was adorable. You could see the horror on their faces. It was priceless. And where was the camera, in the house of course!!!!

I wish I had remembered to bring the camera out first thing this morning. I'm sure the expression from your goats was the same as Ollie's. It was hilarious
lau.gif
He's normally thrilled to be out and then the 1st one out the pen door to free range. This morning he thought the girls had lost their minds. He was quacking at them to come back
hide.gif

Quote:
We are near Saint Albans. In a town north, quite close to the Highgate crossing. Where abouts is your family??

I love my Crested pair. They are so funny. I like to play with their (hair)
clap.gif
and make it fru fru out. Molly my female Crested has a mouth on her that can be heard close to a mile down the road. lol
roll.png
Ollie the male is such a ham. Both of them very healthy and I've never seen any neurological problems that people have spoken of with White Crested.
thumbsup.gif

I see you have a Swedish and a male Rouen. Is he the one named Ollie? I think a male Rouen is on my springtime shopping list.
love.gif

YOu must be in Northern Ontario.. we got stuck with freezing rain where i'm at
roll.png
and it's supposed to warm up as the week ends.. possibly teens by Friday... Mine did get a peek @ snow last week though.. but it was gone before the day was done... Cute pictures!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
kurtjackieprovost - Saint Albans drive in
smile.png
I took my husband to the drive-in on one of our dates about 11 years ago
smile.png
My family lives in Knowlton, Quebec - just a few minutes from Sutton, Quebec (Richford VT border)!

Going quackers - we're eastern ontario, near the Quebec border - little town called Vankleek Hill and luckily the freezing rain missed us
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Amazingly, the drive in is still here and a popular place in the summer. Do you remember which movie you saw?

lau.gif
NOPE - couldn't remember for the life of me
hide.gif
We were young & in love
love.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
We always enjoy heading down though, supper at the Crossings in Richford. Driving down to the Franklin County Field days and Lamoille Field days (my husband and my father have been Judge for the horse classes). We've sold horses at the auction sale in New Haven as well. It's a small world
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom