First state vet supply

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by MuranoFarms, May 24, 2010.

1. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I'm trying to order some flock supplies from first state vet supply. Every time I click the checkout button, I get the "this connection is untrusted" page.

Anybody else have problems with this site?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

No, haven't had that problem so far. That is Doc Brown's site and I've surfed it quite a few times.

3. MuranoFarms

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I surfed it a bunch of times also, but this was the first time I tried to order. After getting that 'untrusted' page at least a half dozen times over the course of an hour or so....suddenly it went to checkout. So I checked out! lol Must have been a glitch in the system or something. I needed to order oxine and they had the best price of the few places that carry it. I also got those waterers that attach to empty pop bottles. Those have been hard to find too.

4. MotherJean

MotherJean Chillin' With My Peeps

You'll get that message because of the security settings you've chosen for your browser. If, for example, you have disallowed third party cookies it can prevent you from being transferred to the site that handles the checkout function for some companies. I think you might also get that if the site doesn't have a valid site certificate. You can set "exceptions" for any site that this happens with when you want to override. Do you have a geek to show you how to set an exception?

5. MuranoFarms

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    That's what it said...something about not having a valid certificate.

Well, I did get through and ordered. However, 5 days later my order is still marked as "pending". I ordered from Jeffers Livestock the same day and everything arrived Thursday! I did try to call First State Vet yesterday and all day long I got a message saying "please call back during normal business hours" but it WAS normal business hours. So I left a message asking the status of my order, but never heard back from them. I emailed then canceling my order today. I'm so disappointed!

6. speckledhen

Well, that's disheartening. Dr. Brown must be out of town or sick or something, but someone should be minding the store. Hmm. Sorry you had so much trouble with his company.

7. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Dr. Brown is the nicest most genuine guy. If there is an issue I am sure there is a very good reason why. I hope he is not ill. If you left a message and he did not call you back I would think something pretty big in his life is going on. I get the impression he does not have anyone or at least not many people helping him. He is like a mom and pop store so if there is a crisis it would explain the delays. I understand needing the supplies in a timely mannor though. Please let us know if you hear from him and if he is ok. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

Honestly, I do believe he has some health issues, but he has folks taking and shipping orders, not sure how many. Yes, he is a great guy, been very helpful to me over the years.

9. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I wouldn't give up on him. He was recommended to me when my Serama hen was losing her feet to frostbite, and he ws super helpful! She is now alive, healthy, and sitting on her first clutch of eggs since her illness!

10. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    I visited with Peter this weekend at the show. That was his first venture out since shoulder surgery. He told me the pain was so serious that he was taking pain killer via pils and not liquid. And he is a man who knows and appreciates a good steak and a nice bottle of wine!

Wait on him, listen to him and patronize him. His services to backyard poultry is invaluable.

I have know him since he was in commercial poultry pharmacuticals and I assure you- he da man.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by