first time babies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by greenthumb89, Aug 1, 2008.

1. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    this was my first time hatching i ordered 2 dozen eggs from pidgey and 2 days later i got 23 in the mail and out of the 23 only onewas broken. and after 17 days 9 eggs left and now i have 3 new babies

[​IMG]

one of the white ones is supposed to be a SL/GL wyandotte buff orpington mix and the other 2 are from layer pen 1 its justa jumble of different layers and roos so ??? no idea what they are was hoping for a cochin mix but the only one so far that had fuzzy feet was one that pipped to low and drowned [​IMG] was really depressed so im kinda looking for some cochin chicks now...but will never use an incubator again...to stressful next time its broody hens all the way.

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Glad you got SOME hatches! Don't give up on a bator - you'll have better luck next time, hopefully!

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    congradats on your hatch may the rest hatch [​IMG]

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    AWW those are cute babies! I'm glad you got a few out of them. I hope you can find some cochins! I may order those different color bantam cochins eggs that you mentioned so if you want me to try to hatch some for you just let me know. I will prob do that this fall where the weather is not so hot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by