First time by myself :)

Jculpepper

In the Brooder
Feb 11, 2015
Hello everyone :)

I was raised on a farm and I loved it. Now that I am all grown up, I wanted on of my own. My husband, 5yr old daughter and myself just got land about a year ago and have been prepping the land hard ever since! We got our babies chicks on Sat and are sooooo excited. Even though I had my chores growing up, I now realize that my dad did all the work when I was young! LOL :) I have attached a picture of my Brooder (my dad built it for me).

We got Bard rocks, RIR and Black sextlets.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You do sound egg-cited!! Cute babies you have there. :)

If you have any questions along this journey, feel free to ask around the forums.

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join to our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Black Sex Links are friendly and hardy egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of eggs from those girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom