first time chicken coop build pics..

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tigerbait Farms, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Tigerbait Farms

Tigerbait Farms New Egg

Oct 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    my girlfriend and I wanted chickens so here it is. I still have to backfill the trench and trim out the screen with some more purple and gold.
    [​IMG]
    recycled pallet walls & hand-lettered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The first occupants - two silkies.

[​IMG]

2. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    You definitely need more purple and gold! Go Tigers! Really nice coop and I love your signage. Do you have hardware cloth up between the rafters so that nothing can get in? It's hard to see from the pics. The wood looks lovely. What did you use?

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Really nice. I'm so glad that you started with a large coop, because soon enough you'll have 1,000000 chickies!

4. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Nice coop! I like the look the recycled pallet boards give it, and your hand lettering is cool.

5. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    LOVE IT! Can you take pictures of the inside of the coop area? If I am going to steal your plans I need more details [​IMG]

And, personally, I would have gone red and black, but no need to start that fight.... [​IMG]

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

Oh, I didn't even see the text between the pics telling us it was made from recycled pallets. Now I'm even more impressed!

7. Tigerbait Farms

Tigerbait Farms New Egg

Oct 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    only the rustic part was made from palate bords. the rest is treated 2x4 with plywood roof. The palates only saved us a few sheets of plywood but we like the rustic look. everythign was painted with dark oak deck stain. Instead of hardware cloth i blocked in the rafters with 2x4 cut to match the roof angle. no predators over marble size can get it, hopefully.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by