1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First time chicken mom

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by anbsmom, Apr 15, 2012.

1. anbsmom

anbsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    I bought six pullets from TSC and I can't remember what breed they were labeled as. Are these too young to be able to tell their breed? Also how old do they look? They have quite a few wing feathers and their tails are staring to come in. Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    They could be one of any white breed of chicken. Could be Leghorns, Delawares, White Rocks, Cornish crosses, etc.

You'll be able to tell when they get older and feather out more. For now just enjoy the fuzzybutt stage :)

1 person likes this.
  3. chickenmaniac

chickenmaniac Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2012
    Arizona
    they look about a 7 -10 days old and maybe a white leghorn they are more common at feed stores

1 person likes this.
  4. Nickichicki

Nickichicki Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2012
    Isanti Minnesota
    I'd guess 10 days old. Mine looked like that about a week ago and they're 3 weeks old now. :) Prob a white breed, Im guessing thats whats sold mostly at feed stores.

1 person likes this.
  5. anbsmom

anbsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    Here is an updated photo of one of the chicks. One of them has a black spot on it's beak and light brown on it's head. The same chick also has orange legs where the others, like this one, have gray/yellowish legs.

[​IMG]u

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by