First-time chicken momma from Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by purplepeep, Apr 9, 2009.

1. purplepeep

purplepeep Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2009
    Northern Ontario
    Hi everyone![​IMG]

I am so fortunate to have stumbled upon this site! What a wealth of information on here. wow!
    Anyway, my name is Andrea, and I am a housewife and stay-at-home mom. My kids are 2 and 4, and we live in northern Ontario, Canada.

Just recently (2 days ago actually) we launched what has officially and affectionately been named "The Chicken Project" and welcomed 32 fuzzy little day-old chicks into our family. Now I have been reading anything and everything even remotely closely related to raising poultry for the past 6 months, and nothing prepared me for how utterly and absolutely adorable these little critters would be. Talk about love at first sight!

Now here is why I am so glad to have found this site. Neither my husband or myself have even a speck of chicken-rearing experience, and I am sure I will have oddles of questions! I look forward to becoming a regular on this site, and thanks in advance to all! Can't wait to talk chicken with all of you [​IMG]

2. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome from Indiana... [​IMG]
    This place is the best resource we've had and the people are great.

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

4. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Hello purplepeep! Congrats on finding THE BEST place on the web to learn about raising chickens!!!! Welcome! It is great to have you here!

Enjoy your new 32!!! [​IMG]

5. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    [​IMG] from another Northern Ontario-ite [​IMG]

6. VettekLisa

VettekLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2008
    Hale, Missouri
    Welcome to the BYC!

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

8. Hattie the Hen

Hattie the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

WELCOME, purplepeep, to the WONDERFUL WORLD of BYC ! [​IMG] I'm from England & we certainly don't have anything as good as this over here. [​IMG] It is full of great people who have a wealth of info to share. I am sure you will enjoy it [​IMG] BUT WATCH OUT [​IMG] THEY WILL PERSUADE YOU into hatching eggs..............!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] So start by building a HUGE chicken coop --- it saves money, time & energy in the long run --- that way you can have more & more [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] BE PREPARED.....!!!! Hattie

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida. You will learn lots here, you certainly came to the right place. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by