First Time Chicken Owner d

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KarlaChicken, Apr 2, 2016.

1. KarlaChicken

KarlaChicken New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    HI everyone, so i'm new to the world of owning chickens and its been going great until now Yesterday at around 5pm i went to check on the girls, i have 2 hens Chelsea and Chloe. i noticed that something was wrong with Chloe's wing, it was kind of just flapping around and not laying flat against her body. i quickly tuck to the internet and from what i found i figured she somehow dislocated it or maybe even broke it. Either way i figured i should wrap it up so it can heal and keep her away from Chelsea for a while. now that the wing is wrapped i notice that Chloe is walking funny and ends up falling over, i figure this is because she doesn't have the use of one of her wings to help balance. What i want to know is is there anything else i can do or should be doing. like i said i'm a first time chicken owner and actually these are my first pets ever so i'm a bit nervous. Thanks in advance for any help that could be given

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by