First time chicken owner- new to BYC

amalli

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 29, 2014
Louisiana
Hello!

After nearly every internet search I made on chicken breeds and coops brought me here I decided I better join! I'm new to chickens but have always been an animal lover. After finding tons of good ideas here on BYC and with the help of some amazing friends I now have the coop I've been dreaming of! Interior is not quite finished so my girls have a few more nights before they can move in. I have 6 chickens and I'm reaaaalllyyyy hoping they are all hens- but I'm not convinced. I couldn't pick just one breed so I have 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks and 2 Easter Eggers. So far they are a ton of fun- the kids love them too! We live in Louisiana and are enjoying figuring out the chicken business in this wonderful (muggy and HOT) La weather. We have horses, fish and a dog as well. Thanks to all who have shared insight and experience and also those who have asked the same questions I asked which helped me to find this site and many answers!

Welcome to BYC, so glad you joined the flock
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock. I have some Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers in my flock. The Orpingtons are very calm and gentle, and the EEs are my granddaughter's favorite. She loves the colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

Back
Top Bottom