This is our first year with chickens. We have 26 Freedom Rangers who will be moving to the chicken tractor soon (if this crazy Ohio weather ever turns). Dh built the tractor a while ago. Had to build a bigger brooder for the Rangers last week. Then our adorable 18 layer chicks arrived this week as well. We've been slowly working on the coop when the rain allows, but dh is finally making some good progress this week. We're not done yet, but I'm so excited that I thought I would share our progress so far. FTR, dh is very handy and often builds small things for around the house, but he's never built anything big before. I think he's doing fantastic for his first time, but he says not to look too close for all the mistakes. Dh and fil just getting started. We are attaching the coop to an existing shed. Coop will be 16X8 with a small part of that reserved for storage. First walls up...with windows! Final wall up with the remaining windows. We got all the windows from a Habitat ReStore. Roof started. I think all of the steps of the roofing process were difficult...it was a trial and error process for sure. Shingles, roof vent, and some siding!! Finished the siding on front, back, and side. Side view This is the back where the chicken door to the run will be...have to finalize my interior setup to decide where the door should go. Tomorrow, we're hoping the weather will cooperate to put on the trim and start painting. After that, interior and run construction. I'll post pics as we complete more!!