First time chicken parent

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by scratch32, Apr 9, 2017.

1. scratch32

scratch32 Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    We got two chicks at the feed store for our daughter. I started Googling information about chickens and after checking with code compliance I decided to build a pen with a coop. Then I got really attached to the chickens and decided to get them another friend I plan on getting two more so we will have 5 chickens soon with a pretty nice coop.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  2. ColoRockies

ColoRockies Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2017
    Congrats on the new additions to the family! My wife and I are almost a year into raising chickens. Started out with 3 1.5 year old egg birds so we had a dozen our 2 weeks in. Since then we started baby chicks 2 months ago and love it. Have 2 coops now and absolutely consider all of our birds family. We have lost 2, one from our newest dog and one straight from the tsc. Definitely recommend reading as much as you can because they are living creatures and require love. Good luck on your journey

2 people like this.
  3. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    [​IMG][​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined our flock! [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, scratch32, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck to you and your flock and thanks for joining BYC!!! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under scratch32 [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. scratch32

scratch32 Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    Thank you guys

8. scratch32

scratch32 Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    How do I add a profile picture?

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

On the upper right corner there should be a 'My Profile' button, click it. Then on the left of the new page under your name there should be your blank photo and under that you click 'replace avatar' and upload the picture you want. Hope that helped [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  10. scratch32

scratch32 Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2017
    Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by