First time chickie Momma in SoCal

Orangeplumeria3

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2021
Hi everyone. If I’m being honest, I’ve been wanting chics for years now. I recently retired from the Navy and was driving by the feed store on my way home from tractor supply replenishing the rabbit feed for our giant bunnies. We always stop to say hi to the chics. 3 weeks ago today, I brought home a Dampierre, BCM, and a Brown Leghorn. What I didn’t know is that the chics bins were filled with (straight run) which I learned a few days after my husband asked if I knew for sure the sex of the chics. Well, fingers crossed we have 3 hens because I really don’t want to return them, but we can’t have Roo’s in our city. I’m in a Suburb of San Diego and if I had understanding neighbors I could probably keep the Roo’s, but they don’t even like my dogs so I’m not even gonna try.

Well, that’s my story! Excited for my future Chickie adventures and fresh eggs one day.

Hi everyone. If I’m being honest, I’ve been wanting chics for years now. I recently retired from the Navy and was driving by the feed store on my way home from tractor supply replenishing the rabbit feed for our giant bunnies. We always stop to say hi to the chics. 3 weeks ago today, I brought home a Dampierre, BCM, and a Brown Leghorn. What I didn’t know is that the chics bins were filled with (straight run) which I learned a few days after my husband asked if I knew for sure the sex of the chics. Well, fingers crossed we have 3 hens because I really don’t want to return them, but we can’t have Roo’s in our city. I’m in a Suburb of San Diego and if I had understanding neighbors I could probably keep the Roo’s, but they don’t even like my dogs so I’m not even gonna try.

Well, that’s my story! Excited for my future Chickie adventures and fresh eggs one day.
Welcome to BYC. Thank you for your service to our country.

:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss:Hello and welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome poultry Forum to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

Be careful of Chicken Math, it always start out with just a few birds. :gig Best of luck on your journey. :)

Back
Top Bottom