First time hatch and it's awesome!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by nbenevento, Feb 28, 2013.

1. nbenevento

nbenevento Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    I just thought I would share this. I ordered 24 fertile eggs - 12 Australorp and 12 EE from Meyer Hatchery. They sent me 26 and of course all were fertile. Today was day 20 in the incubator and so far I have 17 little beauties and all but 2 have pipped. I really just wanted to say this is freaking awesome! Woo hoo!

2. CayuseRanch

CayuseRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Woooohoooo! Congrats! Is this your first time? What type of incubator and where are the pics!

3. nbenevento

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    Thanks! I used the 9200 still air with an egg turner. This is my first time and it is exciting! I have taken tons of pictures an video but I will post them tomorrow.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    That's a fantastic hatch! Congratulations and post those pics so we can see.

5. direwolf

direwolf Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2012
    Mine are hatching right now too! My wife and I watched one pop out of its shell for the first time and were completely amazed! Out of 6 eggs, we have two hatched, two pipped, and two still rolling around. These are RIR babies from our rooster and hens. I already went out and congratulated them this morning. My only concern is that they are a day early. The two that have hatched seem very healthy though.

6. nbenevento

Nov 12, 2012
    From Southwestern, PA.
    I'm no expert but almost all of mine hatched a day early, 22 out of 26 and I think 3 of the 4 left are quitters anyway. I wasn't expecting any to hatch until today but my house sounds like an aviary! All are doing great.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by