First time Hatcher, only one has hatched, been 2 days

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KennaFox, Mar 11, 2015.

1. KennaFox

KennaFox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    Madera, CA
    Hi guys, I'm new to hatching my own eggs and all the eggs in the incubator have grown full, they move themselves around the incubator, but one hatched yesterday morning, is it possible she just beat the rest at hatching first ? Its been 22 days. Is this normal? Or do you think she's just lucky out of a bad batch? Thanks.

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I would still give them a few more days. Some times this happens. Could be you temp wasn't quite right and that can sometimes delay things a bit. Of course it could be a bad hatch, it happens. But, it won't hurt to give it a few more days.

3. KennaFox

Feb 20, 2015
    Madera, CA
    Okay thank you. There's definently live ones in there, every few hours I check they are in a different spot. I'm just worried because none have even pipped yet. Thanks :)she's the only one to hatch so far, pretty little RhodeBarr girl
    [​IMG]

4. samantha88

samantha88 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2015
    It could take up to 25 days. 21 days is just the "standard". Did the eggs sit for a while before you put them in the incubator? Temperature or humidity could have been off. It's important to calibrate your equipment. It's rare any equipment you use is going to give spot on readings.

5. KennaFox

Feb 20, 2015
    Madera, CA
    They only sat for about a week or so. Temp is at 100 flat, I have two thermometers on it, humidity is fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by