first time hatcher!

lafollett11

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 4, 2014

Okay I bought my ducklings last spring, I have male and female rouen and a male pekin. My female started laying right as the snow came in here in illinois. I bought an incubator. I've been turning the eggs 3 times a day, and maintaining the 99.5 degree tempature. I wasn't prepared yet for this so I really have no idea whats going. Today is day 28 for the first egg. Well it's actually my 5th egg but the first 4 never grew inside. Well my eggs are starting to turn a blueish color like a shadow or something just curious if this is normal. And if anyone has any tips or advise to help me out for the hatching process. I feel like they are not full enough to be getting ready to hatch. I'm so nervous and scared. I want them all to survive. At least a few. Thanks ahead of time!!!

The ones that are turning dark have gone bad, you have some bad ones in there for sure. Give them a little sniff and you'll see. ;) You should take those out right away so they don't explode and contaminate your other eggs.

Good luck with the others! ^-^

Last edited:
That's what I though but they all are turning like that and they do not smell. What causes this what did I do wrong?

Back
Top Bottom