First time hatching ducklings (Anconas)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Espresso, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Espresso

Espresso Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2014
    Starbucks
    I have my dozen eggs. Incubator arrives today. Does anyone have any tips? I've read everything I can, obviously, but I like to get some "must know" advice from real people before getting started.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Lets see if casportpony or Laycrystol can help ya out both are experienced with hatching in bators.

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    1 person likes this.
  4. Espresso

Espresso Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2014
    Starbucks
    That's a great article. It's the rainy season here so it's pretty humid and I wouldn't have thought about that affecting how much humidty to add (or not add) to the incubator. Do you mist or not mist? I have seen both suggestions.

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I don't incubate many duck eggs. Read this:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs

-Kathy

6. Rachele anne

Rachele anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2014
    I incubated ancona ducklings and with all ducks u should get a humidity gauge there like 7 dollars on Amazon but worth it if u want to be sure on the humidity... I didn't spray mine but if u feel like u need to I would do it the last week once a day until they go in lockdown and up the humidity in lockdown... happy hatching their a very beautiful breed I'm so happy I did this too..[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by