First time hatching experiencing difficulties!

Pics

Kcentritto

Chirping
Apr 1, 2019
Hello all!
I am hatching my first egg and my little baby is having some issues hatching. We are currently on day 24. I was away until yesterday And when I returned I noticed she had ppipped a little and her membrane was dried out. I’m assuming this is the issue she’s having. I have put a wet sponge in the incubator, picked away at some of the shell leaving membrane intact and wrapped in wet paper towel leaving open hole exposed. Her membrane is very dry and brown. She is peeping loud and wants to make her appearace. Is there hope for her? What should I do?

UPDATE:

I have removed some of the outer shell leaving full membrane intact and the membrane under the shell was still wet and chick is moving and kicking around in the membrane. Will she be able to kick out of that? still have wet paper towel to keep moist and increased humidity I will get reading shortly just want to give it some time since I just opened the incubator to do this. She doesn't appear to be shrink wrapped.

UPDATE:

I have removed some of the outer shell leaving full membrane intact and the membrane under the shell was still wet and chick is moving and kicking around in the membrane. Will she be able to kick out of that? still have wet paper towel to keep moist and increased humidity I will get reading shortly just want to give it some time since I just opened the incubator to do this. She doesn't appear to be shrink wrapped.

If she's not shrink wrapped then just give her time to do her thing. Are you able to take a picture and post it here?

Back
Top Bottom