First time hatching in Brinsea - we have a pip!!!!

SoORchick73

Songster
8 Years
May 9, 2011
18 eggs in lockdown, hatch day tomorrow but the only green egg has a pip!!! Rest are from my Americauna eggs (all blue). I'm so excited!!! I'm wondering how long now...I keep checking it. Humidity is at 72% does that sound right? I find so many different suggestions on humidity for the last 2 days. I don't think I'll sleep tonight!!!

18 eggs in lockdown, hatch day tomorrow but the only green egg has a pip!!! Rest are from my Americauna eggs (all blue). I'm so excited!!! I'm wondering how long now...I keep checking it. Humidity is at 72% does that sound right? I find so many different suggestions on humidity for the last 2 days. I don't think I'll sleep tonight!!!
I don't think you will either...lol I don't during hatch. 72% sounds good. Hatching humidity really depends on your hatching habits. If you are hands off and do not open the bator during hatch, you can successfully hatch at 65% If you are hands on and you open your bator during hatching then you really want to be up over that 70%. I myself use 75% and once they start hatching it rises.

You're bator will play a factor as well. The smaller the bator, the quicker you're going to get condensation. If you see condensation you can cut it back. You don't want to see condensation in the bator.

Thank you, I won't open it! I haven't since yesterday. I'm a nurse and brought home an NG tube and 60 ml syringe and put jewelry wire as an introducer through tubing to add water through vent. :) I also have wool felt in humidity reservoirs. We hear PEEPING!!! Kids and I are so excited! Wish I could add pics with iphone app :\

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom