First time hatching shipped eggs. HELP!

Tammylr

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 3, 2015
North carolina
eggs arrived two days ago. Let them sit with fat end up and at today room temp for 24 hours. I then put them in the incubator in the turner without it on, fat end up for another 24 hours. The air cells are still loose, how long can I wait before I have to start turning? When I got them all the air cells were ruptured so we are getting better as the air cells have come back together but still don't look good.

eggs arrived two days ago. Let them sit with fat end up and at today room temp for 24 hours. I then put them in the incubator in the turner without it on, fat end up for another 24 hours. The air cells are still loose, how long can I wait before I have to start turning? When I got them all the air cells were ruptured so we are getting better as the air cells have come back together but still don't look good.

I hatched some shipped eggs last year, not sure how the air cells were because they were dark brown eggs. I actually incubated them for the first 2 weeks in a point down position. I cut the bottoms out of a foam egg carton and sat them in it, point down, instead of turning I just tilted them back and forth gently for the first 2 weeks, then I figured if they weren't better after that much time they weren't getting better. 4 out of 6 hatched.

I hatched some shipped eggs last year, not sure how the air cells were because they were dark brown eggs. I actually incubated them for the first 2 weeks in a point down position. I cut the bottoms out of a foam egg carton and sat them in it, point down, instead of turning I just tilted them back and forth gently for the first 2 weeks, then I figured if they weren't better after that much time they weren't getting better. 4 out of 6 hatched.

I like those odds. I'll start tilting them. Thanks!

Ok, candles this morning and all air cells are attached, some are jiggly but not raining and others are saddle shaped buy firm. They look so much better than they did on arrival. So eggcited!

Ok, candles this morning and all air cells are attached, some are jiggly but not raining and others are saddle shaped buy firm. They look so much better than they did on arrival. So eggcited!

Much luck!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom