First time hatching

sshrader

Chirping
Sep 15, 2016
Arkansas
Recently my fiancé & I decided we wanted to hatch some of our own chicks. Our flock consists of mainly EE's, a Buff Orp, 2 true Ameraucanas, Black sexlinks, a few brown leghorns & Production Reds.

We saved up for a few days and collected 2 blue EE's, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 brown leghorn, 1 black sex-links, & 2 others that didnt make it to lockdown.

All the hens were bred to a EE roo, with the exception of the black sex-link, she was bred with a Buff Rock\Jersey Giant roo.

All the little eggs hatched, and did fine, the little brown leghorn chick it hatched and appeard to be fine, after we moved it out too our little brooder something happened and it didnt make it :(

Here is some pictures of the little fluff balls:
Buff Orp + EE

Buff Orp + EE & the Brown Leghorn + EE (right)

EE+EE & BSL + JG\BR cross

Round 2!

the 2 Buff Orps (tops) & the EE+EE bottom, 2 of the 3 have fluffy cheeks :)

Recently my fiancé & I decided we wanted to hatch some of our own chicks. Our flock consists of mainly EE's, a Buff Orp, 2 true Ameraucanas, Black sexlinks, a few brown leghorns & Production Reds.

We saved up for a few days and collected 2 blue EE's, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 1 brown leghorn, 1 black sex-links, & 2 others that didnt make it to lockdown.

All the hens were bred to a EE roo, with the exception of the black sex-link, she was bred with a Buff Rock\Jersey Giant roo.

All the little eggs hatched, and did fine, the little brown leghorn chick it hatched and appeard to be fine, after we moved it out too our little brooder something happened and it didnt make it :(

Here is some pictures of the little fluff balls:
Buff Orp + EE

Buff Orp + EE & the Brown Leghorn + EE (right)

EE+EE & BSL + JG\BR cross

Round 2!

the 2 Buff Orps (tops) & the EE+EE bottom, 2 of the 3 have fluffy cheeks :)

Sorry to hear that your Brown Leghorn didn't make it. It's always sad when they make it through the whole incubation and hatching process, only to succumb later.
Congratulations on the other hatchlings, though - they're very cute. Makes you want to fill the incubator back up, doesn't it?
jumpy.gif

It sure does! We have 16 eggs already going in the 2nd incubator, going to wait another week, I need to finish my barn here soon so I have room, this batch of EE's are already spoken for by a friend that wants to buy them :) such a FUN & addicting hobby.

It sure does! We have 16 eggs already going in the 2nd incubator, going to wait another week, I need to finish my barn here soon so I have room, this batch of EE's are already spoken for by a friend that wants to buy them :) such a FUN & addicting hobby.

LOL...sounds like you'll have plenty of room soon for all your hatches! And chicken eggs are almost "instant gratification" with a (roughly) 21 day incubation.
big_smile.png

The first little EE+BO that hatched, it got stuck in my little dish that had water in it for the humdity, learned my lesson, but luckily I decided to wake up in the middle of the night and check it. It managed to stay alive, got very lucky.

The first little EE+BO that hatched, it got stuck in my little dish that had water in it for the humdity, learned my lesson, but luckily I decided to wake up in the middle of the night and check it. It managed to stay alive, got very lucky.

So many things to worry about...they seem to get into anything and everything. Glad that had a good outcome - almost like you had a premonition.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom