First time hatching

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jadeann123, May 14, 2019.

1. Jadeann123

Jadeann123 Chirping

May 14, 2019
    Irwin, Pa.
    Hey everyone, first I want to thank everyone who asked or answered questions about duck eggs. I learned alot, made an incubator, waited 25 days and I just got my first external pip!!!! The first set of eggs I got was from ebay (which was a big mistake only 1 out of 10 made it). But the one that made it this far is about to make an appearance!! But now I'm getting nervous! He/she pipped sometime between 6am and 3pm I was working. Was going to candle for the last time and lockdown tonight its day 25. I did candle yesterday. Movement but no internal pip. I didn't think they external pip so soon after internal, do they? Should I worry? Cause I'm worried!!

BirdsBeesTrees and Miss Lydia like this.
  2. Mvan42

Mvan42 Songster

Mar 15, 2019
    Garrett County, Maryland
    No worries they all do it at their own pace... some faster than others.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Just let the duckling work at its own pace they may pip fast but make you sweat when they take so long to hatch!

4. Jadeann123

Jadeann123 Chirping

May 14, 2019
    Irwin, Pa.
    This was yesterday at 4pm

Attached Files:

5. Jadeann123

Jadeann123 Chirping

May 14, 2019
    Irwin, Pa.
    This is today at 4pm. Im feeling alot better. And he/she is moving like crazy and I can here him/her tapping away. I can't wait to see what I have!!

Attached Files:

6. EdgewaterDucks

EdgewaterDucks Chirping

Jan 28, 2019
    Illinois, USA
    I went through this exact thing a month ago. You can see the egg move, you can hear them peeping when you hold the egg up to your ear, but nothing is coming out! It's dreadfully unnerving, but you gotta let the duckling come out on its own. First of all, I think it's 28 days that's the expected hatch time. And for comparison, 2 of mine came out on day 27, one on day 29, and then the last one on day 32! (That last one was a nail-biter). All are doing well today.

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

:pop

BirdsBeesTrees and Jadeann123 like this.
  8. MallardMomx2

MallardMomx2 Songster

Mar 2, 2019
    Ohio
    My Coop
    I’m patiently waiting for cute duckling pics!:pop What kind of duckling?

DuckyDonna likes this.
  9. Jadeann123

Jadeann123 Chirping

May 14, 2019
    Irwin, Pa.
    I don't know. I got them from eBay said they where mixed breed. Person said they had Blue and Black Swedish, a Pekin, a Khaki Campbell, a Buff, and Silver Appleyards. So its a mystery and it'ss the only egg that survived being shipped

10. Jadeann123

Jadeann123 Chirping

May 14, 2019
    Irwin, Pa.
    Have local ones I gathered myself on day 11

DuckyDonna and BirdsBeesTrees like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: