First time hatching

debbie_nibbles

Songster
10 Years
Jul 21, 2009
Port Angeles, Wa
So excited, made my own incubater, watching and adjusting as i type this
smile.png
Have my 1st batch of eggs ordered off eBay. That's just sounds too funny, anyone else get eggs from there? I have 9 Maran eggs coming, will be here Wednesday :
smile.png
) I love this sight and reading the forum. We've had chicken's since 2009 (backyarders) but not able to have a rooster in the city I went this route. Plus I really loved the chocolate brown color eggs! Keeping my fingers crossed
smile.png
Right now I have 2 Buffs and 2 Austrolorps.

It sounds like you're in for some fun
thumbsup.gif

I have to warn tho, this hatching stuff is highly addictive, I might need rehab soon
barnie.gif

I made my incubator and got eggs off Ebay too :) didn't have a successful hatch but I had several issues with temp and humidity that didn't come up until the eggs actually arrived (funny how that works huh?). I'm still very determined, and am no running my homemade bator along with a small one we bought on Ebay with eggs from a fellow BYC'er that I got locally. We shall see.

Welcome to Hatch-a-Holics. Once you start it's like eating a Lay's potato chip, you can't eat just one. Good luck with your shipped eggs. Shipped eggs can be more difficult as there is now way to know how the eggs are handled. If you have any swaps in your area there may be some others with Maran eggs.

I take them to swap meets. You can always advertise on Craigslist and put up fliers in your local feed stores. I usually keep the pullets but we are on a farm and have over 100 birds. I also sell chicks and layers and an occasional Cockerel. If I can't sell my excess boys then I take them to the local small animal livestock auction. Good luck and have fun...

Quote:
I work there and I can stop at one.
lau.gif
Just can't stop hatching, I'm now up to 3 incubators. 2 hovabators and one Farmer Master cabinet from the 1939 that I'm refurbishing (works just needs a little TLC) Setting on the Full Moon Join the party
Michele

Back
Top Bottom