First Time incabator with lots of questions????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by caral07, Jul 26, 2010.

1. caral07

caral07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    I am a first time incabator and some of these questions may seem like I know nothing about it but hey like I said I'm new to this. How many times do I turn my eggs a day and when? Do I turn them all the way around or just a hair? What should the humidity be from day 1 to day 18? Dont I stop turning the eggs on day 18 to day 21? What should the humidity be on day 18 to day 21? When the eggs start to peep do I open the incabator?

2. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
  3. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    1.) Turn the eggs 3-4 times a day. It helps if you turn them right before you go to bed also since night-time is normally the longest the eggs have to go with out turning. Turn the eggs all the way around when you turn them. And on day 18 stop turning the eggs. they have to get ready to hatch.

2.) When they eggs peep I would not open the incubator. It won't hurt if you only open it for a second though.

4. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    1.) Turn the eggs 3-4 times a day. It helps if you turn them right before you go to bed also since night-time is normally the longest the eggs have to go with out turning. Turn the eggs all the way around when you turn them. And on day 18 stop turning the eggs. they have to get ready to hatch.

2.) When they eggs peep I would not open the incubator. It won't hurt if you only open it for a second though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by